Mount Laurel Rocks is coming on August 5th
Welcome neighbors! Are you ready for “Mount Laurel Rocks”? Well, it’s coming on Saturday, August 5th from 10am-12pm to Station 363.
Here’s how it works:
– Find (or buy) and paint a rock. Be creative, be colorful, and be respectful. We won’t tell you how to rock, but keep in mind this is a family friendly activity.
– On the bottom of your rock, mark it with #MLRocks. A hashtag will help us track our rocks as they travel.
– You can post pics of art in action, or just the masterpiece itself. Don’t be shy.
– Hide your rocks, safely, in plain sight. We want them to be found. You can leave clues. We don’t want accidents or injuries. Safety counts!
– Rock around… while you’re out and about keep and eye out for other rocks. Found a rock? You can either keep it, or move it. Be sure to post it!
– Be respectful of other people’s properties, personal space, etc. This isn’t Pokémon.
– Did we say safety first? Ok, well, we’re saying it again. Rock at your own risk. If you aren’t comfortable sharing photos of yourself or your kids, you can just post the rocks.
This activity is limited to people who live in Mount Laurel. We are neighbors, so let’s remember that and act like it. While rock painting in and of itself is not new, it is a growing community bonding movement of public mobile art installations. Every decorated rock you see, has been hand painted by a Mount Laurel resident.
Please feel free to post pics at #MLRocks and add neighbors!
Keep Calm and Create on….
…. and remember #MLRocks
Notice to Bidders
Sealed bids will be received by Deputy Chief Chris Burnett of the Mount Laurel Fire District #1, County of Burlington, State of New Jersey on
Thursday, July 20, 2017 @ 2:00 PM
at the Headquarters Station, 69 Elbo Lane, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 at which time and place bids will be opened and read in public for:
Birchfield Station Façade
Masonry Restoration Project
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held on
Thursday, July 6, 2017 @ 10:00 AM
at the Headquarters Station, 69 Elbo Lane, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054. A walk-through of the site will take place following the Pre-Bid Conference. Bidders are strongly urged to attend.
Electronic bid documents may be examined by appointment or obtained on/after Friday, June 30, 2017 for a non-refundable fee of $25.00 from:
The Design Collaborative, Architects and Planners, PA
414 Garden State Parkway
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Phone (609) 465-4111
All fees (deposit checks for plans and specifications) shall be paid directly to THE DESIGN COLLABORATIVE.
2017 FREE Child Safety Seat Checkpoints
The Burlington County Sheriff’s Department will once again be providing Child Safety Seat checks at each of our 3 Fire Stations. Below are the dates and times for each station.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
105 Masonville Road
Please stop by during any of these times and have your child seat tested and adjusted for FREE.
September 11, 2001 Memorial Fund Drive
IAFF Local 4408 in cooperation with the Mount Laurel Fire Department is taking donations to create a memorial to remember those lost on September 11, 2001. The focal point of the memorial will be a steel I-beam from the World Trade Center, generously donated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. We are asking for your monetary support to create a fitting memorial that will last for years to come. You can use the PayPal button below for your donation or visit our website at www.iaff4408.com.
Thank you in advance for your support.